Driving in a Wheelchair & Self-Drive Systems
The 6 Way Base system electronically moves and rotates the seat into the rear cabin area of the vehicle to allow for transfer to your wheelchair/scooter, it can be supplied with an ergonomic seat or can even be used with your own cars seat.
From your wheelchair to the driver seat
The Autoadapt 6-Way Base is designed with a focus on the safety of the driver. It goes without saying that you, as a wheelchair user, should benefit from the same safety standards as any other driver.
It should be every driver’s right to be safe and comfortable
The Autoadapt 6-Way Base is crash tested according to global and European standards for vehicles. When seated at the wheel you use the vehicle’s original seat belt. The seatbelt receptacle in the 6-Way Base has been thoroughly tested including crash testing.
We know that as a car owner, you wish to keep the vehicle’s interior looking as neat as possible. We understand the reluctance that customers may have about making modifications to the car. Consequently, our goal has been to design a 6-Way Base which blends seamlessly with the vehicle’s interior design.
Stable and functional
It is essential that a driver has stable seating, which doesn’t sway when turning or wobble whilst driving on rough roads. The design of the 6-Way Base is made in a way to eliminate any sway in order to provide complete stability. The 6 Way Base is also has crash tested seatbelt mounting, you can be confident in its safety.
Optional foot platform
The optional foot platform follows the seat movements back and forth. The wheels underneath make it stable as it rests towards the vehicle floor.
Easy to operate
The three toggle switches activate: back and forth, up and down, rotation.
A revolution in wheelchair accessibility the Carony Go and Uni Loc Self-Drive system offers you the ability to drive a vehicle directly from your wheelchair!
The Self-drive system allows you to enter the vehicle via a ramp, which then locks your wheelchair into place using the Uni Loc or Drive Loc. The Carony Go wheelchair puts you into a position to be able drive comfortably and safely (the system is crash tested). The seat is adjustable to best suit your needs. The Drive System is also of compact design, demanding as little space as possible. Most importantly, the Carony Go is very versitile. It is perfectly suited for outdoor use, driving and being merely a passenger.
The Carony Go and Uni Lock Self Drive system allows you to finally get around without the aid of others. Contact us today to see how you can start driving from your wheelchair today!
Features of the Carony Go Power Wheel Chair
• A power wheelchair that finally enables you to travel in a standard small car! CARONY GO will take you from your home right into your car.
• Crash tested and certified to the strictest European standards (adopted in Australia) with an approved user load of 120kg
• Seamless integration with the vehicle. It uses a swivel base that allows the seat to transfer from the wheelchair to the vehicle. Your wheelchair seat becomes your car seat!
• The wheelchair is easy and practical both in the home and outside on uneven surfaces.
• The wheelchair’s frame can be easily lifted into the vehicle’s boot using a wheelchair boot hoist, which is fully powered and operated by a remote control.
Read about the Carony System, download the brochure.